Conspiracies, Curses, and Rebirth
Four New Conan Scenarios Are Available for Free Download
“I never saw a man fight as Conan fought. He put his back to the courtyard wall, and before they overpowered him the dead men were strewn in heaps thigh-deep about him. But at last they dragged him down, a hundred against one.”
–Robert E. Howard, A Witch Shall Be Born
Fight with your back to the wall. Fight in taverns, jungles, and abandoned temples. Fight with an axe or a sword. And test your sinew and steel against dark demons and foul sorcery…
Then catch your breath, recover your energy, and prepare to fight once more. Four new Conan scenarios are now available as free downloads!
- Conspiracy in Khauran (pdf, 6.8 MB)
- Yogah's Rebirth (pdf, 7.1 MB)
- Yara's Trap (pdf, 7.1 MB)
- The Cursed Mirrors (pdf, 6.7 MB)
Even as these scenarios feature plenty of the savage, narrative-driven combats you've enjoyed through your Core Set adventures, they incorporate and highlight the powerful new figures from the Yogah of Yag, Crossbowmen, and Kushite Witch Hunters expansions.
What's in a Scenario?
"During a night of carousing, Conan overhears a whispered conversation regarding a conspiracy against Queen Taramis…"
–Conspiracy in Khauran
There's plenty to admire about the way Conan grants tremendous combat tactical flexibility to both its hero and Overlord players, and the game's detailed figures make it a spectacle to behold. Moreover, its rules and objectives make it a surprisingly clever and intelligent one-versus-many, cooperative game of action economy. But it just wouldn't be "Conan" without the brash, bloody, and bombastic narratives driven by its scenarios.
In Conan, each scenario begins with a bit of story that draws you into the action. You'll find your goal, your opponent's goal, and the challenges before you. Then, as you look about, you'll find setup details and scenario-specific rules that ensure its adventures lead to a distinctive and memorable experience.
Most importantly, however, the scenarios of Conan transform your games into Hyborean adventures, propelling you forward with an urgency that leads swiftly to desperate and deadly battles.
As a result, the four new scenarios now available for download aren't just a collection of rules that incorporate the new expansion figures into your games of Conan; they're four fantastic new adventures that speak to the true nature of these strange new warriors, sorcerers, heroes, and minions.
- Conspiracy in Khauran: While serving as a mercenary in the small country of Khauran, Conan learns of a conspiracy against the Queen and recognizes an opportunity to earn her reward by exposing the conspiracy. To do so, he leads a couple of his friends to the inn where the conspirators are scheduled to meet. (3 heroes, 1 Overlord)
- Yogah's Rebirth: Conan, Hadrathus, and the alien warrior Yag-Kosha travel through a maze of dense vegetation in search of an ancient fortress and the magical gem it is supposed to house, a gem that would allow Yag-Kosha to be reincarnated as Yogah of Yag. But the three friends are not alone. Several Kushite witch hunters pursue them with deadly intent, fervent in their belief that Yag-Kosha is a demon they must destroy. (3 heroes, 1 Overlord)
- Yara's Trap: The cruel sorcerer known as Yara has learned of Yag-Kosha's interest in the magical Heart of the Elephant and has hidden it from the hero in a carefully guarded jungle village. But as he sees no alternative, Yag-Kosha throws caution aside and heads to the village, braving the sorcerer's trap in order to reclaim his magical gem. (1 hero, 1 Overlord)
- The Cursed Mirrors: Bêlit, the Queen of the Black Coast, and Hadrathus, the priest of Asura, have traveled to the ancient ruins of a long-forgotten temple in search of several artifacts of immeasurable value. The problem is that the Kushite inquisitor Agheera and his fellow witch hunters believe the artifacts are sacrilegious and must be destroyed… along with all those who might seek to use them. (2 heroes, 1 Overlord)
Forge a Legend… Or Destroy One
Whether you play these scenarios as a hero or the Overlord, you'll find plenty pulse-pounding action plus myriad chances to make fantastic use of your new figures and abilities.
Download your copies today!